Qualified to the 17th edition wiring regulations.
Inspection and testing
Installation and repair
- Sockets and lighting
(internal and external)
- fire alarms
- emergency lighting
- solar panels
2372 - Certificate in Installing and Testing Domestic Photvoltaic Systems
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE AND REFUNDS POLICY
OF Dalkeith Electrics Ltd
- "Buyer" means the individual or organisation who buys or agrees to buy the Goods from the Seller;
- "Consumer" shall have the meaning ascribed in section 12 of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977;
- "Contract" means the contract between the Seller and the Buyer for the sale and purchase of Goods incorporating these
Terms and Conditions;
- "Goods" means the articles that the Buyer agrees to buy from the Seller;
- "Services" means work that the Buyer agrees to pay the Seller for;
- "Seller" means Dalkeith Electrics Ltd. of 1 D'Arcy Farm Cottage, Dalkeith. Midlothian. Scotland. EH22 5TH that
owns and operates www.dalkeithelectrics.com;
- "Terms and Conditions" means the terms and conditions of sale set out in this document and any special terms and conditions agreed in writing by the Seller.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall affect the Buyer’s statutory rights as a Consumer.
- These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all contracts for the sale of Goods or Services by the Seller to the Buyer and shall prevail over any other documentation or communication from the Buyer.
- Acceptance of delivery of the Goods shall be deemed conclusive evidence of the Buyer’s acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Any variation to these Terms and Conditions (including any special terms and conditions agreed between the parties) shall be inapplicable unless agreed in writing by the Seller.
- CALLOUT CHARGES
Domestic and business customers – Callout charge includes the first hour of work.
- HOURLY RATES AND CALLOUT CHARGES
Charges vary depending on the time of day and whether the work is planned or emergency.
- Standard planned work
- Daytime Mon- Fri from 8:00 to 18:00 callout £65, hourly £41
- Evening Mon-Thurs from 18:00 to 22:00 callout £85, hourly £61
- Night time Mon- Fri from 22:00 to 08:00 callout £105, hourly £81
- Weekend Sat-Mon 08:00 on Saturday to 08:00 on Monday callout £105, hourly £81
- Emergency/unplanned work
Charges are quoted including VAT for Domestic customers
- Daytime Mon- Fri from 8:00 to 18:00 callout £85, hourly £61
- Evening Mon-Thurs from 18:00 to 22:00 callout £105, hourly £81
- Night time Mon- Fri from 22:00 to 08:00 callout £135, hourly £115
- Weekend Sat-Mon 08:00 on Saturday to 08:00 on Monday callout £135, hourly £115
Charges are quoted excluding VAT for Commercial and Industrial customers
- QUOTATIONS FOR HOURLY RATE WORK
Any part of an hour will be charged as a full hour.
The hourly rate continues while the tradesman fetches parts for the job if required.
The cost of Materials and parking will be additional to any labour rate quoted.
Payment shall be taken at the end of the complete works or at intermediate points as agreed beforehand
Where the work required is to diagnose a problem you will be given an hourly rate verbally and a text or email confirmation of the rate.
Where the work required is to repair a known problem you may be given an hourly rate or a quotation to carry out the full repair.
This may be given verbally with a text or email confirmation of the work and the rate.
- TELEPHONE BOOKINGS
Bookings may be taken over the telephone and an estimate of the costs given based on your information. On arrival at the job, a full assessment will be taken and a verbal quotation backed up with a text or email will be given to you. If there is no significant difference between what we envisage from the telephone conversation and the reality on site, then you can expect the estimate and the quotation to be the same. If, however, there is a significant difference, you may decline the offer of our services at no charge to yourself.
- Our work shall be carried out with reasonable care and skill
- ARRIVAL TIMES
- We shall arrive in a reasonable time (if there is no specific time agreed). There is no guarantee of arrival times, however we shall give an estimate of arrival time and keep you informed of delays when appropriate.
- GOODS AND PARTS
- Any goods or parts fitted as part of the contract shall be of :
Satisfactory quality, Fit for their purpose and, As described
- REFUND POLICY
Visual inspection and functional tests are carried out by the tradesman before leaving the premises. Where the customer is available these inspections and tests shall also be carried in the presence of the customer. Payment constitutes acceptance by the buyer of the work.
If a fault due to workmanship or equipment failure by our tradesmen occurs within 7 days we shall return to repair the fault free of charge.
Goods purchased and supplied by the tradesman may be refunded within 7 days of purchase.
- ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION CONDITION REPORTS
Electrical Installation Condition Reports are subject to payment before the issue of the certificate. There is no refund for Electrical Installation Condition Reports
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Except as may be implied by law where the Buyer is dealing as a Consumer, in the event of any breach of these
Terms and Conditions by the Seller the remedies of the Buyer shall be limited to damages which shall in no circumstances
exceed the Price of the Goods and the Seller shall under no circumstances be liable for any indirect, incidental or consequential
loss or damage whatever.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit the liability of the Seller for death or personal injury
resulting from the negligence of the Seller or that of the Seller’s agents or employees.
No waiver by the Seller (whether express or implied) in enforcing any of its rights under this contract
shall prejudice its rights to do so in the future.
- FORCE MAJEURE
The Seller shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of its obligations if the delay or
failure results from events or circumstances outside its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, strikes,
lock outs, accidents, war, fire, breakdown of plant or machinery or shortage or unavailability of raw materials from a natural
source of supply, and the Seller shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of its obligations.
If any term or provision of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any
reason by any court of competent jurisdiction such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions hereof shall
continue in full force and effect as if these Terms and Conditions had been agreed with the invalid illegal or unenforceable provision eliminated.
- CHANGES TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Seller shall be entitled to alter these Terms and Conditions at any time. but this right shall not
affect the existing Terms and Conditions accepted by the Buyer upon making a purchase.
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of
Scotland and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.